DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ybanito

So it has been a while since I last updated our blog but I do have a good reason. I have not been feeling well for the past couple of months and below you can see pictures of the reason why. Ross and I found out during our anniversary weekend in September that I am pregnant. The first couple weeks were great and then the morning sickness hit. Although it has been more like 24/7 sickness. And sometimes at night. So I haven't been able to do too much- just try to make it through work and rest when I can. We are excited about our little Ybanito (as my friend Sheree calls him/her). I am due May 23rd so we still have a ways to go. But I am still waiting for that magical day when the nausea goes away and I finally have an apetite. I thought pregnant women got to eat ice cream and milkshakes. But none of that sounds good to me right now. So that is our major news. Ross has been working hard at school and is almost done with his first semester. I am going to Nebraska with my family next week for Thanksgiving to visit my brother and his family. And then i am looking forward to the Christmas holidays when I will have Ross to myself- no school! So sorry I haven't been in touch much. I didn't realize how rough the first couple of months were going to be. But we finally felt ready to share our news.




Our 12th week ultrasound. You can see baby's profile and baby stretching its legs. They can't tell much yet on the ultrasound but I was excited to see legs and arms and a mouth, nose and eyes.




Baby's alien face. Staring right at the ultrasound probe. The tech had a difficult time getting the right image because the baby didn't want to cooperate. So Daddy gave the baby a peptalk after the tech left the room to get the doctor to do the ultrasound herself. Doesn't the baby look like Daddy:-) ?

11 comments:

Shawny said...

Congrats Jean and Ross! Morning sickness is the pits. I hope it goes away soon!

Lindsay said...

WOW!! Congratulations!! That's wonderful news! I'm so excited for you guys. Are you going to find out the gender? Hopefully the morning sickness will go away soon and you will be able to eat all the ice cream and milkshakes you want :)

Krisi and Adam said...

Congrats to all three of you! Ybanito - you have wonderful parents, who love you.
Jean & Ross - that little one is so precious, can't wait to meet him/her!

Michelle said...

Congratulations Jean! I'm excited for you two and hope you feel better soon. Usually you have more energy once you get into the second trimester.

Shauna said...

What a great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing :)

Liana Kinikini said...

Wow! Awesome and congratulations! I am also excited for you guys. Write when you can and get lots of rest.

Nurse Heidi said...

WAHOOOOOOO!!! That's GREAT NEWS! (Well, not the puking part. The baby part.) I unfortunately have a lot of experience in the puking department, so I'll let you in on my favorite trick - quart freezer bags. Handy disposable receptacles for puking on the go, and with that ziploc name on the box, you don't have to worry about leaks. You see, I figured that all out by sad experimentation. Hang in there!

Randi said...

Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Zwinggi Zoo said...

I'm so excited for you! You'll be a great mom!

Leslie said...

Congratulations Jean! What exciting news! Best of luck and I really hope you get to feeling better soon...

Unknown said...

fantastic...so wonderful for you...can't wait to read about all your updates!!