DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Philippines Trip


"The bigger the summer vacation, the harder the fall."








After 14 years






Ha! Ha! Oh no! We dont care if you get hit by a crazy taxi driver as long as you dont "text message" while you cross the street. Did you know that the Philippines is Rank# 1 in the world as the Top Prolific Sender of Text Messages? We don't care about Olympic Gold Medals because we are number#1 in text messaging.







Lapu-Lapu- The First Filipino Hero








We spent 3 relaxing days at my Uncle Boy's beach house in San Remigio







Nice and green. Grass so smooth you can sleep on it!








Jean posing in front of a non-motorized "banka"






Just Beautiful!!!





A family looking to gather some shells and fish for dinner. I am so grateful for where I am.





Their catch- mostly pufferfish( I guess the ones that are still puffed up are still alive)




At the Magellan's Cross in Cebu near the 100 yr. old Santo Nino Catholic Church








Dang! I need to remember to change my shirt;-)










Peace!!! Kids outside the Church selling P1.oo candles($0.20). I bought 6 candles and gave them P30.00 for being so cute. It makes me sad how life has to be for a young child to be forced to sell candles. They should be in school






Posing my new friends. This one is for you 'Manda!




Bohol Countryside






The Filipino Harry Potter (Chocolate Hills, Bohol)





Elevation Sensation!!!








My Little Brother John-John. Common dude! You can do better






Tarsier (Smallest Monkey in the World-smaller than my fist)






Jean meet a new friend in Bohol(Sorry flash wasn't allowed)




Jean attempting to cross the Loboc River by walking on ,"The Hanging Bridge." The bridge is mostly made of Kawayan (bamboo) and two steel cables.

We had lunch on the Loboc Floating River Restaurant . The boat took us around the river. I'll post a video sometime next week








Wow! A lakeside house







Our El Nido Resort Private Plane




A rainbow. We must be headed to Paradise. What can go wrong?





Umm Pilot! Can you just drop us off here?








Oh no! Is that smoke? The plane is on fire!







It's not looking good












Aahhh!!! I forgot what the Stewardess said about the Emergency door












Jean about to ride the Jeepney for the 1st time







Storm in Paradise at Pangulasian Beach























Life is good









Entelola beach

Another beautiful beach that is part of the El Nido Resorts








At The (Cebu) Mactan International Airport
" Don't worry Ma! I'm coming back."


















Man! its a pain posting pictures on this website. Videos and more pix coming soon














































7 comments:

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

beautiful pictures! that one of you guys on the broom is so cool!

Amanda Hawkes said...

Hey you actually kinda look like your mom! Hey post your pics on smugmug! I'm dying to see them!

Michelle said...

The pictures are great, I can't wait to see more. I bet it was an emotional reunion for Ross and his mom. BTW, thanks for taking such great care of Grandpa before you left.

kristin said...

Gorgeous beach pictures! Wow!!! Fun to see your blog. Thanks for finding me! :)

Jen Davis said...

Jean,

How wonderful to hear from you. Congrats on getting married and having fun in the process. If you are ever in DC let me know.

All the best,

jen

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh those beaches. They are the beaches of my dreams! Wowza! Plus I think it's totally awesome that Ross got to see his mom after so long. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow, those are amazing photos! if i didn't hate flying so much, i'd try to go visit the Philippines. ross, i love your sense of humor!